No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer one position to join the team as Industrialization Engineer.
The Industrialization Engineer is responsible for supporting different cross-functional teams on the set-up and ramp-up of the required facilities for the cell development and manufacturing.
Reporting directly to the Industrialization Engineering Manager, she/he will be responsible for:
- Conduct and implement Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Plan, organize, direct and conduct industrialization related activities within the operations team.
- Collaborate on designing best specifications for manufacturing facilities
- Supervise and validate external supplier actions involving design and/or process proposals, leading the relationship with them and developing wise solutions for internal topics. Be able to control change management topics and assess on quality management systems to comply with industry requirements.
- Proactively identify and solve technical issues during the industrialization process, working closely with cross-functional teams and suppliers to implement effective solutions.
- Provide technical guidance to drive continuous improvement actions within the battery manufacturing areas.
- Work on diverse and cross-function teams, including purchasing, engineering, production, or R&D to ensure timely delivery of proper solutions to the shown needs.
- Develop ramp-up plan including production milestones on prototype line.
The Industrialization Engineer is expected to work as a key team member within the Process Engineering department to provide innovative solutions to process and manufacturing definition of Basquevolt cell solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering one permanent position as Industrialization Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe and provide extensive opportunity for personal growth within the company.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae to this website:
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
The Industrialization Engineer should have experience in the development and manufacturing of lithium-ion battery, ideally within a corporate organization.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Degree in Mechanical/ Mechatronic / Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience on high complex industrialization projects.
- Ability to directly manage other team members, especially not being a direct reporting line.
- Technical knowledge and ability in engineering disciplines.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish or any other European language will be a plus.
- Uses good problem-solving techniques to identify root cause. Implements actions to eliminate further occurrences.
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities
- Good capabilities on Project Management.
- Good understanding of Li-ion technology is highly appreciated.