Solid-State Battery Development Engineer
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from and economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialize safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Solid-state Development Engineer.
The Solid-state Development Engineer is responsible for the development of Basquevolt’s Solid-state proprietary electrolyte and cell. The Solid-state Development Engineer will work closely with the R&D director to develop an efficient solid electrolyte based on CIC Energigune’s prior IP and implement in a full solid-state configuration.
Reporting directly to the R&D director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Improving the ionic conductivity of the solid electrolyte in order to achieve good power density at room temperature
- Improving stability with Li metal
- Improving high voltage stability for compatibility with Ni rich cathode and LMNO cathode
- Organize daily tasks for the R&D technicians in the field of solid state development
- Work together with the cell design engineer to provide efficient cell solutions to the clients
- Develop solvent-free production process which can efficiently be scaled-up
- Liaise with the prototype testing manager to organize DOE at pouch cell level
- Organize material characterization together with the material qualification manager
- Generate IP in innovative and safe all solid-state polymer based battery
The Solid-state Development Engineer is expected to work as a key team member within the R&D team to develop further Basquevolt’s IP and provide innovative solutions to increase energy density and safety of Li-ion cell technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Solid-state Development Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe and provide extensive opportunity for personal growth within the company.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
The Solid-state Development Engineer should have experience in the development of lithium-ion battery, ideally within a corporate organization.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Li-ion or post Li-ion battery development
- Good understanding of polymer chemistry and polymer electrolyte
- Has ideally previously work with Lithium metal anode or possess an excellent understanding of the challenges associated with the use of Li metal anode
- Good understanding of Li-ion technology
- Ability to directly manage technician
- Ideally possess electrochemical background and is familiar with EIS and battery material characterization
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Willingness to grow within an international environment
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish or any other European language will be a plus.