Cell Design Engineer
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Cell Design Engineer.
The Cell Design Engineer successful candidate will join Basquevolt’s Cell Engineering team and will be responsible for the electrochemical design of Basquevolt’s lithium-ion cells for our global customers. Reporting to the Engineering Director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Design semi-solid and solid state lithium-ion battery cells for different application requirements.
- Review RFQs, propose electrochemical solutions, select correct chemistry based on customer requirements and lead qualification efforts for the new design from concept to completion.
- Work closely with suppliers, Operations Team, Product Development Engineer, and management to develop innovative cell chemistries on time and on budget.
- Elaborate test plans and communicate closely with the Testing Team, to produce qualification data and determine design viability for product scale up.
- Lead investigations to solve cell design related issues, prepare related status reports and guides for their solution as required.
- Participate actively in customer related meetings and provide support to our Product Development Engineer, acting as a technical contact point.
- Pursues intellectual property development to secure Basquevolt’s competitive position.
The Cell Design Engineer is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Cell Design Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Minimum 2 years in electrochemical cell design experience.
- In-depth knowledge of functional safety, cell chemistry and mechanical development. Battery system design is a plus.
- Experience in electrode preparation process, cell assembly and electrochemical performance evaluation, as well as experience with applying quality tools to production of lithium-ion battery cells including statistical analysis of performance results, process capabilities, and design of experiments.
- Understanding of applicable test equipment, test procedures, international standards and certified agency requirements applicable to rechargeable lithium-ion battery cells.
- Fast information analysis with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.