No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Purchasing Manager.
The Basquevolt operations team is looking for a highly motivated and exceptional Purchasing professional to bring our breakthrough battery products to life. In this role, the Purchasing Manager will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing battery production equipment and battery cell active materials.
As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for all commercial aspects of the awarding, developing strong supplier relationships, and working side by side with your engineering counterparts to challenge our technical requirements.
You will also take the lead in making sure Basquevolt can meet its ambitious cost targets, that the suppliers deliver to our aggressive timelines, and that parts are received with the highest level of quality. Because we are a very fast-growing start-up, we expect our people to own every aspect of the sourcing process from start to finish and everything in between.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer, s/he will be responsible for:
- Identify potential suppliers, analyse capabilities, and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data
- Drive and implement cost reductions on prototype and production parts through leveraged negotiations to achieve cost targets
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics
- Work closely alongside cell manufacturing engineering to understand and support their requirements. Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews
- Develop should-cost models and industry analysis of various battery cells materials
The Purchasing Manager is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering and Operations team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Purchasing Manager that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Minimum 5 years in purchasing materials and equipment for cell and batteries.
- Strong knowledge of battery cell technology, materials, and main cost drivers
- Fast information analysis with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.