BATTERY SIMULATION ENGINEER
The Battery Simulation Engineer will support the company’s growth plans by bringing battery simulation and modelling capabilities to improve developing key knowledge about targeted applications and assisting in the work done with customers and partners in the early cell development phase. He/she is responsible for transferring customers' requirements into Basquevolt models and then to the technical department.
Reporting directly to the R&D director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Technically support the cell engineering team in the qualification of new or existing products with customers.
- Develop and lead the simulation and modelling capabilities to support all development and other key projects for Basquevolt
- Develop laboratory tests that could assist with the prediction of product performance, both internal and external
- Work closely with the Testing and Validation team to ensure correlation between the test results and the simulation results for different applications.
- Work with Marketing and R&D to develop application specific tests to gain a better understanding of performance requirements to support new product development initiatives.
- Review customer product plans and make recommendations for material selection based on design objectives, such as energy density, fast charge, aging, thermal behaviour, and cost.
- Provide technical assistance to Operations and R&D in developing the production processes.
The Battery Simulation Engineer is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Battery Simulation Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Minimum 2 years in cell and battery simulation experience.
- In-depth knowledge of battery electrochemistry simulation tools and models.
- Ideally, innovation capability of lithium-ion battery cells.
- Fast information analysis with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.