Battery Manufacturing Process Engineer
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer three positions to join the team as Process Engineer.
The Process Engineers are responsible for the definition of cell assembly, electrolyte and electrode manufacturing process of Basquevolt’s semi-solid proprietary Li-ion cells. The Process Engineers will work closely with the Process Engineering director to accomplish the process defined targets.
Of the three open positions, there will be one person focused on the cell assembly, one on the electrolyte processing and one on the electrodes and foils processing.
Reporting directly to the Process Engineering director, they will be responsible for:
- Develop and scale up assigned responsibility process, that is assembly process
- Lead prototype builds through development of the processes, tooling, and equipment
- Define process critical parameters to optimize the process condition to make sure the consistency of cell build
- Work with machine suppliers during equipment design to implement required capabilities and process
- Provide process documentation (PFMEA, Control Plan) for the newly developed processes and assembly concepts
- Confirm process standards based on the optimum equipment operating and process conditions through process capability analysis and statistical process analysis
- Evaluate process data to determine failure modes and identify opportunities to improve; contribute to improved design and operating specifications supporting product, material, process, and equipment development initiatives.
- Support optimization of the assigned responsibility areas to improve process and product.
- Perform battery tear downs to identify failure modes and prepare reports.
- Analyse data and communicate results with cross functional teams.
- Investigate equipment related issues to provide root cause analysis and support timely corrective actions.
- Ensure appropriate collection and utilization of process data at pilot and production scales.
- Closely collaboration with equipment engineers for adapting existing and new equipment to requirements.
- Responsible for process sheet development for assigned area
The Process Engineers are expected to work as a key team member within the Process Engineering department to provide innovative solutions to process and manufacturing definition of Basquevolt cell solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering four permanent positions as Process Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe and provide extensive opportunity for personal growth within the company.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae to this website:
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
The Process Engineers should have experience in the development and manufacturing of lithium-ion battery, ideally within a corporate organization.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Degree in Mechanical/ Mechatronic /Process Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience advanced manufacturing process innovation projects
- Good understanding of Li-ion technology
- Ability to directly manage other team members
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish or any other European language will be a plus.
- Uses good problem-solving techniques to identify root cause. Implements actions to eliminate further occurrences.
- Write clear and accurate process procedures for manufacturing
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities