Cell Test Technician
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Cell Test Technician
The Cell Test Technician is responsible for Perform battery testing and measurements using specialized electrical, thermal and mechanical equipments, provide rapid feedback on cell performance:
- Develop and document methods and procedures for cell testing together with R&D and Validation engineers
- Develop and propose new evaluation and test methods
- Developing tools with new software to increase efficiency of the lab
- Work across many parts of the organisation, collaborating with R&D technical team, Process engineering, Supply, IT & automation
- Develop and document methods and procedures for cell testing
- Build/Assemble test fixtures and wiring harnesses for battery cell testing
- Run tests on a range of cell testing equipment and report data/results
- Troubleshoot and correct problems encountered during testing
- Maintain the equipment and work space to a high standard
The Cell TestTechnician is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the R&D team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Cell Test Technician that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Relevant technical vocational school education, preferably in electronics or a related field.
- Programming basics.
- Experience in developing test methods, standards, procedures and documentation in an efficient way.
- Experience with battery cell testing.
- Knowledge of power electronics and high voltage safety principles.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under strict safety principles.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English (both oral and written). Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.