No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of HSE Specialist
The HSE Specialist is responsible for assuring all the HSE requirements, internally and externally within the different departments of the company. Main tasks for the position would be:
- Aligned with the Safety services, develop the Risk Assessment of the new facilities in coordination with the external Risk Assessment company.
- In collaboration with Process Engineering and other departments, supervise and assess on the installation of all the new equipments for the lab & prototype line.
- Define first steps on HSE by developing policies, KPI and standards.
- Develop first strategy on waste handling, reduction plan and environmental procedures.
- Monitor legal compliance and relations with local authorities.
The HSE Specialist is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the R&D team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as HSE Specialist that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Industrial Engineering or relevant experience.
- Master's Degree in Health & Safety.
- Relevant experience of 3-5 years within Chemical and/or Automotive industry.
- Good knowledge on ATEX regulation, CE mark, chemical products handling, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English (both oral and written). Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.