Electrolyte Process Engineer
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer three positions to join the team as Electrolyte Process Engineer.
The Electrolyte Process Engineer isresponsible for the definition of the electrolyte manufacturing process of Basquevolt’s solid & semi-solid proprietary cells. The Electrolyte Process Engineer will work closely with the Process Engineering Director to accomplish the process defined targets.
Reporting directly to the Process Engineering director, they will be responsible for:
- Define chemical process requirements and operational process for both electrolyte and its organic precursors.
- Define quality assurance control for electrolyte manufacturing process.
- Support electrolyte manufacturing and organic precursors synthesis process.
- Participate in digitization of installations under her/his responsibility.
- Lead people under her/his responsibility.
- Participate/lead following company strategic projects: pilot and gigafactory new installations.
The Electrolyte Process Engineer is expected to work as a key team member within the Process Engineering department to provide innovative solutions to process and manufacturing definition of Basquevolt cell solutions.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering one permanent position as Electrolyte Process Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe and provide extensive opportunity for personal growth within the company.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae to this website.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
The Electrolyte Process Engineer should have experience in the development and manufacturing of polymeric electrolytes, ideally within a corporate organization.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience advanced manufacturing process innovation projects
- Good understanding of polymer manufacturing and organic synthesis.
- Ability to directly manage other team members.
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines..
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish or any other European language will be a plus.
- Uses good problem-solving techniques to identify root cause. Implements actions to eliminate further occurrences.
- Write clear and accurate process procedures for manufacturing
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities