No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Engineering Director.
The Engineering Director will manage the Engineering Development Department for battery packs including development and validation of all the technical system, reporting directly to the Chief Engineering and Program Officer and handling the following:
- Designing the best solution for battery pack taking as starting point Basquevolt Cell developed by R&D Department including all necessary developments (battery modules/packs, Battery management Systems, …)
- Study all different technical solutions from cell to module, cell to pack or cell to Vehicle in order to offer the best solution for customers
- Develop the most adapted battery management system for Basquevolt technology (including specific thermal management system)
- Coordinate with Purchasing Department technical and economical convergence with all suppliers in order to develop Basquevolt solution
- Supply all technical support needed to Project Director in order to manage full cost and technical convergence to achieve Customer Projects targets
- Manage convergence with Process Engineering Director in order to achieve the best Product/Process for Basquevolt technology.
- Manage convergence with R&D Director in order to optimize R&D developments on cells to adapt to best technical and economical solution for Basquevolt Technology.
- Evaluating performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
The Engineering Director as member of Executive Committee is also expected to work as a team member, to ensure the smooth operation and long-term prospects of the project as a whole.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Engineering Director that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project.
Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration. We are thinking in a person with >10 years of experience in managing engineering developments, who has currently reached senior management levels in a corporate structure but that at the same time is willing to join an early start-up.
Applicants must demonstrate solid experience in engineering development for battery solutions
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Engineering,
- Experience in Product/Process engineering
- Extensive corporate experience in the field of battery or automotive manufacturing or related sectors (10-15 years).
- Solid experience in working with purchasing, process engineering and mass market manufacturing of complex products.
- Desirable also strategy / commercial / manufacturing experience.
- Advanced organisational leadership skills. Demonstrated team building and management track record, including communication, teamwork, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Project-oriented person to manage resources effectively, find solutions and achieve goals.
- Ability to work under pressure or adapt quickly to change.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be excellent in English. Spanish conversation skills will be also desirable.
- A valid EU work permit is mandatory.