Battery Testing Lab Manager
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Battery Test Lab Manager.
The Battery Test Lab Manager is responsible for supporting the establishment and commissioning of Basquevolt’s testing facility. The Battery Test Lab Manager will have the responsibility of executing the electrochemical characterization of the different cells. Reporting directly to the R&D Director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Operational management of the lab & developing schedules to meet testing plans.
- Weekly reporting of test status, equipment utilizations, issues and forecasting.
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure the lab is staffed and equipped to meet needs and forecasted growth plans.
- Develop lab and equipment strategy and best practices (efficient software tools, programming methodology...).
- Manage the process for the creation of documentation and processes.
- Proactively work to resolve problems / Support technical root cause analysis and resolution of issues found during testing.
- Manage and maintain equipment calibration including tracking lab inventory of all calibratable hardware, arranging periodic calibrations per manufacturing specs, and procuring replacement hardware when needed.
- Support lab expansion and installations as needed by working with various facilities teams.
- Support the hiring, training, growth and development of the technicians and engineers, particularly in battery technology, testing, performance and safety. Support the short/medium/long-term development of these employees.
The Battery Test Lab Manager is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the R&D team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Battery Test Lab Manager that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience with battery testing and validation as well as managing technical teams.
- Adept in data processing and statistical analysis with lithium-ion test data.
- Experience developing and running scripts.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated problem solver, pays attention to the details, challenges the status quo, and strives for continuous improvemen.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English (both oral and written). Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.