R&D Cell Formation Engineer
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of R&D Cell Formation Engineer.
The R&D Cell Formation Engineer successful candidate will join Basquevolt’s Cell Engineering team and will be responsible for the electrochemical design of Basquevolt’s lithium-ion cells for our global customers. Reporting to the Cell Engineering Manager, s/he will be responsible for:
- Defining cell formation protocols for semi solid-state and solid-state lithium metal batteries
- Conducting R&D on cell formation processes for semi solid-state and solid-state lithium metal batteries
- Working closely with R&D process engineers to increase understanding of semi solid-state and solid-state lithium metal batteries failure modes and performance, in particular the effect of formation conditions
- Determining the optimal cell formation conditions (such as temperature, pressure, electrochemical test condition) for achieving long cycle life semi solid-state and solid-state lithium metal batteries
The Cell Formation Engineer is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as R&D Cell Formation Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- MSc in Chemical Engineering or Electrochemistry or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with installation and debugging of battery testing and formation equipment.
- 2+ years’ experience in the specification and commissioning of battery testing equipment
- Experience working with pouch cells.
- Experience working with lithium metal anodes is preferred
- Strong knowledge on battery principles of operation, in particular Li-ion batteries.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.