Cell Engineering Manager
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Cell Engineering Manager.
The Cell Engineering Manager successful candidate will lead Basquevolt’s Cell Engineering team and will be responsible for the electrochemical design of Basquevolt’s lithium-ion cells for our global customers. Reporting to the R&D Director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians in designing, manufacturing, optimizing and qualifying BasqueVolt semi solid-state and solid-state Li metal pouch cells.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure priorities are translated into cell engineering R&D goals and KPIs.
- Lead R&D activities including pouch cell assembly in dry room, high energy cathode manufacturing, lithium metal cutting, cell cycling protocol optimization for experimental validation and optimization of experimental throughput, cell chemistry optimization, cell failure analysis and proactive feedback of product-related insights from cell data to the materials development teams (anode, cathode and electrolyte.
- Motivate and inspire direct reports to deliver impactful results through thoughtful strategic and professional goals.
- Ensure Cell Engineering R&D projects include a balance of innovation-focused exploratory experimentation with performance-focused data-driven exploitative experimentation, enabling a deep understanding of product performance.
The Cell Engineering Manager is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Cell Engineering Manager that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- MSc or PhD in chemical engineering, battery and material science, or equivalent degree in battery cell design and engineering.
At least 5 years of experience in Li-based battery engineering program management and testing, preferably solid-state multi amp-hour pouch cells with Li metal anode.
Have been leading a team who produces battery cells (pouch) and processes electrode materials (high voltage cathode and lithium metal), working in dry room, expert in pouch cell assembly, cathode manufacturing, and related equipments.
Deep electrochemical, chemical, or mechanical engineering, materials science, or related background and recent experience in cell engineering for energy storage devices.
Understanding of applicable test equipment, test procedures, international standards and certified agency requirements applicable to rechargeable lithium-ion battery cells.
Hands-on experience with battery material processing, pouch cell manufacturing, R&D in dry room, electrode manufacturing.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.