Solid State Battery Technician
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Solid State Battery Technician.
The Solid State Baterry Technician successful candidate will be responsible for driving R&D activity on solid-state electrolytes and solid-state batteries:
- Design and qualify solid electrolytes based on polymers, with lithium metal anode and high voltage cathode.
- Manufacture polymer based solid state electrolytes and evaluate performance in pouch cells.
- Improve interface with anode and cathode active materials.
- Scale-up electrolyte component synthesis from lab scale to kg scale for multi amp-hour pouch cell manufacturing.
- Develop collaboration with customers (OEMs, etc.) to develop solid-state batteries.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Solid State Battery Technician that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project.
Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
Electrochemical, chemical, or materials science, or related background.
- At least 2 years of experience in material testing in laboratories.
- Preferable background working on solid-state baterries industry.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.