SEMI-SOLID DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from and economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialize safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Semi-solid Development Engineer.
The Semi-solid Development Engineer is responsible for the development of Basquevolt’s semi-solid proprietary Li-ion cells. The Semi-solid Development Engineer will work closely with the R&D director to develop a holistic electrochemical system based on a safe semi solid electrolyte and high energy dense anode material.
Reporting directly to the R&D director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Improving the ionic conductivity of the semi-solid electrolyte
- Improving interfacial stability with both cathode and anode
- Organize daily tasks for the R&D technicians
- Work together with the cell design engineer to provide efficient cell solutions to the clients
- Develop electrode coating process compatible with the semi solid electrolyte
- Liaise with the prototype testing manager to organize DOE at pouch cell level
- Organize material characterization together with the material qualification manager
- Generate IP in innovative and safe semi-solid electrolyte and lithium-ion battery cell electrodes.
The Semi-solid Development Engineer is expected to work as a key team member within the R&D team to develop further Basquevolt’s IP and provide innovative solutions to increase energy density and safety of Li-ion cell technology.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Semi-solid Development Engineer that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe and provide extensive opportunity for personal growth within the company.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
The Semi-solid Development Engineer should have experience in the development of lithium-ion battery, ideally within a corporate organization.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Li-ion or post Li-ion battery development
- Good understanding of Li-ion technology
- Ability to directly manage technician
- Ideally possess electrochemical background and is familiar with EIS and battery material characterization
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Willingness to grow within an international environment
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish or any other European language will be a plus.