PROTOTYPE TESTING MANAGER
No matter which country you’re in, the transition from an economy based on fossil fuels to one based on sustainable energy sources is well underway. It takes slightly different approaches, and it progresses from different starting points depending on the area, but it’s clear, we’re all engaged in a global shared “electrification" challenge.
At BASQUEVOLT our mission is to develop sustainably the best battery materials and cells that will make possible the mass deployment of electric transportation, stationary energy storage and advanced portable devices.
Our proprietary solid-state battery technology will allow us to develop and commercialise safe, high performance and affordable products for a diverse portfolio of customers, from mobility, stationary energy storage and consumer electronics.
To this end, we offer the position of Prototype Testing Manager.
The Prototype Testing Manager is responsible for the establishment and the management of Basquevolt’s testing facility. The Prototype Testing Manager will have the responsibility of defining the complete layout of the testing facility and will be responsible for the equipment purchase, establishing the testing team and organising the electrochemical characterization of the different cells developed within Basquevolt. Reporting directly to the Engineering director, s/he will be responsible for:
- Establish Basquevolt’s testing facility, communicate with machine suppliers and organise test facility layout.
- Construct and document mechanical assemblies, such as battery tests stations, battery prototypes and reliability test bays, and perform checkout and troubleshooting functions.
- Establish Basquevolt’s testing team.
- Create and document test plans, propose design of experiment, prioritise team member tasks and conduct tests using battery testing equipment.
- Ensure customer testing parameters compliance.
- Coordinate destructive part analysis including thermal propagation tests.
- Focus on work area safety, cleanliness, material usage and organisation
The Prototype Testing Manager is expected to work as a team member with other parts of the company and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the Engineering team.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering a permanent position as Prototype Testing Manager that will give you a unique opportunity to work alongside some of the most talented leaders in the lithium battery sector in Europe.
In addition to the appeal of the entire project, BASQUEVOLT offers a very competitive basic salary and conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants are invited to submit a detailed curriculum vitae.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual capable of taking up this challenging opportunity to develop an ambitious project. Applicants should have a high degree of initiative, flexibility and should be open to intense interdisciplinary collaboration, first in an early-stage start-up but moving progressively to an efficient mid-size organisation.
Specifically, we will assess expertise in the following aspects:
- Minimum 5 years in testing of lithium-ion battery cell experience.
- In-depth knowledge of battery testing equipment (Maccor, BioLogic, Arbin, etc).
- Hands-on technical background with ability to assemble testing platforms.
- Attention to detail, safety and ability to work with a minimum amount of supervision are critical.
- Fast information analysis with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- We expect high readiness to work with strong engagement and creativity in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- Applicants should be fluent in English. Spanish and any other European languages will be a plus.